Thursday, February 16, 2012

SO Excited

My boyfriend, Joel and I have been together for 3 years now.  2 1/2 years of that have been long distance.

This weekend, that all ends!!

It's one of those things I am so excited it's hard to focus on anything else.  All I can think about is this weekend and what is to follow.

This last 2 1/2 years has been difficult to say the least, we try to be together on the weekends but that doesn't always happen and it's hard not ever knowing where you will be on any given weekend.  When people mention plans on a weekend it's always like, hang on let me check my calendar.  It's hard to keep a relationship strong when you are together less than 2/3rds of the week most of the time.  We have learned so much about each other and how we work so well together.  Even though this time has been hard it is so worth it. 

He graduated in December and got a job in OKC so that we can be together.  I am beyond excited for what is to come. It will be a definite change in lifestyle for the both of us but it will be awesome in every way. 

Something we try to live by:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."  1 Corinthians 13:4-7


7 comments:

  1. Awww... this is so sweet. I love that passage too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH! I am so excited for you girl! I would be SO freaking pumped too! I hope you can focus for the rest of the week until he gets here! Update with pictures of the reuniting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite passages. I am so happy for you and him to see each other more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me so happy for you! I know long distance is so hard and I'm glad that you two made it and that soon enough that won't be a stress in your life or relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is awesome! Long distance is so hard and its amazing that you two stuck it out thats a sign of true love! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete