Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dave Rhea - Guest Speaker

On Tuesday 2-28, Dave Rhea from The Journal Record (a great business newspaper for Oklahomans) came to talk to our class about blogging. He had a lot of great information to offer. Some of what I took is the following:

1. Blog consistently.  If you don't consistently post something you will lose the attention of your followers.  This tip really made me think that I should post more often.

2. Share your opinion. Don't be afraid to take a stand.  This to me is important, I am taking it in maybe a different way than Mr. Rhea may have meant.  I take it as not taking sides on controversial issues, yet I am taking this advice as sharing what I feel is important.

3. Love learning. I love this statement. No matter what you do in life this is important.  We live in a World that is constantly changing, no matter what you do for a living or just life in general, we must love learning new things to stay current.

Dave Rhea was an awesome guest and I took a lot from what he had to say.  To look at his work and the work of the other journalists at The Journal Record click here. 

3 comments:

  1. I need to do the first one more often. I know that I need to get better at blogging on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sharing your opinion is necessary but can be a scary thing. It can also be fun to see what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the advice coming! I know nothing about 'accurate ways to blog' so i'm all about the random. But I like having some direction!

    ReplyDelete